Returns & Shipping
Note: Due to an unprecedented amount of orders there is a 3-5 business day processing time from the time of ordering before shipment.
We currently only ship within the United States. For orders shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, there is an additional handling fee of $20.00 added to the flat rate shipping cost. During the ordering process, but before you submit your payment information, the shipping fees are automatically calculated and indicated. Once your order is placed, it will be shipped out within 1-2 business days. During the peak holiday season (mid-September to end of December), there may be a delay in shipping of 3-5 business days.
If you wish to have your order expedited using Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air, please contact us at 1-800-227-3515 for a shipping quote prior to placing your order. Next Day Air is one business day and 2nd Day Air is two business days after the order has shipped. Orders placed before noon will ship the same day.
Shipping Fee Scale (excl. Alaska and Hawaii)
|From:||Up To:||Shipping Cost:|
***Please note that we cannot ship to a PO Box address.
Käthe Wohlfahrt of America is committed to providing you with the finest merchandise and we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. All product returns are subject to a 30-day return policy. We cannot accept returns or exchanges that are not returned in perfect condition in the original packing carton or after the 30-day period following the date of delivery. For help with a return, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-227-3515 or by email to [email protected]. Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 9a.m. to 4p.m. CST.
Return or Refund of a Damaged Item
Please email photos of your damaged item(s), along with photos of the outer shipping carton, if it is also damaged, to [email protected]. We will be happy to process your return request and issue a pre-paid return shipping label for use with your return.
Return or Refund of a Non-damaged Item
If you simply changed your mind about any item(s), please contact our customer service team to request return instructions. Shipping charges are not refundable on a non-damaged item.
We cannot accept a return COD. Items must be received in our office before we can reimburse your form of payment used with your order.
For purchases made at our Minnesota Retail Store in Stillwater, or any of our seasonal market locations, please return your item(s) to the location purchased. If for any reason you are physically unable to return to the location, please contact us by phone at 1-800-227-3515 or email to [email protected] for further instructions. All returns are subject to the same 30-day return policy as described above.
If you made your purchase while shopping abroad, please follow the steps below.
- Please take photos of your receipt/packing slip and of the product if there is any damage.
- Email photos and your contact details directly to European customer service at [email protected] or call +49 (0) 9861-40 91 50 if you would like to discuss your return with a representative. Please note the time difference when calling.
Our European customer service team will contact you within 5 business days with the next steps. Please note that, due to COVID-19, there may be a longer delay in response time. Email is the most efficient method of contact.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal and Sezzle.
Pyramid Assembly Notes:
Before placing the hub on the metal rod, carefully insert the propeller blades in the hub and turn them to a 45-degree angle. The angle of the propellers will determine the turning speed and direction. If the pyramid runs too slowly, the blades may catch fire. Never leave a lit pyramid unattended, as this could potentially create a fire hazard. ONLY use candles designed specifically for your pyramid. DO NOT use votive candles in the tea light candleholders.
Please use caution when removing or replacing the propeller. Lift and hold the metal rod firmly to avoid bending of the metal rod or damaging the bearing (glass/metal dish). Do not hammer or shove the hub onto the rod, as you will break the point of the rod and the pyramid will not work. A section of the rod will be visible between the hub and the pyramid. It is suggested to place a piece of cardboard between the glass/metal dish (bearing) and the metal rod (if your style of pyramid allows) when storing.
Most items we sell use either the small or large candles.
To determine which size you need, you can place a coin over the candle cup. If a dime fits over the cup, it uses a small candle. If a nickel fits over the cup, it uses a large candle. All available pyramids will provide the option to purchase the correct candle size for your selected pyramid when placing an order. Please use the specific candle size required for your pyramid as mentioned above. Using the incorrect candles for your pyramid will cause damage to your pyramid and create a fire hazard.
- Large Candles burn for approximately 3 hours.
- Small Candles burn for approximately 1.5 hours.
My pyramid doesn't turn.
- Has the cardboard packaging between the base and the turn-style been removed?
- Try adjusting the blade to a 45-degree angle.
- Lift up on the rod and look between the base and the turn-style. Does the rod still have a tip (looks like a pen tip)? Is there a bearing (glass or metal dish) in the base that the rod is gently placed on?
- Try pulling up and gently replacing the rod back into the center of the bearing.
- Is the pyramid in an area that is free from any drafts? Because the heat from the candles turns the propeller, any draft that will keep the heat from rising will prevent your pyramid from working properly.
We carry two sizes of incense cones. The small are for the Smoky collection and other Incense smokers under 7" tall. The large are for smokers over 7" tall. Large cones will not burn properly in the smaller smokers. All available smokers will provide the option to purchase the correct cone size for your selected smoker when placing an order.
- Large cones burn for approximately 10 minutes.
- Small cones burn for approximately 5 minutes.
- When storing incense, tightly seal the package and place in a dry, non-humid location. If incense cones have drawn in any moisture, set them out to dry near a heat source. Moist incense will not burn properly.
- Smokers are designed for use on an even and stable surface at room temperature in draft free surroundings only.
- Incense residue should be cleaned periodically from the metal plate inside of the smoker's body and from the smoker's mouth, to ensure longevity.
- Is the cuckoo door unlocked?
- Are the clamps removed from the bellows?
- Is the clock turned on?
- The bird may be stuck inside the clock.
- Video: The cuckoo isn't calling
- The gong-wire may be attached too tight. Try to loosen it a bit.
- In the beginning, the bellows are not as expanded.
- If the clock gains time, push the pendulum-disk downwards (a teeny bit at a time).
- If the clock loses time, push the pendulum-disk upwards (a teeny bit at a time).
- Video: Your clock does not work
- The clock may be shut off.
- A part of the music box is stuck.
- The music box isn't functioning properly.
- Video: The music does not work
- The clock may not be level.
- It may not be hanging in a correct vertical position and the pendulum cannot swing freely.
- The clock may not be hanging high enough and the weights touch the ground.
- Video: Your clock does not work
Example: Cuckoo sounds 7 times at 2 o'clock
- Never turn the hour hand.
- Gently turn the minute hand to 10 minutes till 7 o'clock.
- Turn the minute hand slowly to the full hour until you hear a "click".
Continue to turn the minute hand to 7 o'clock.
- Video: The clock hands are not working
Example: Cuckoo sounds at 1:50
- Gently turn the minute hand until the cuckoo cuckoos at 1:50.
- Loosen the minute hand and turn it to 12:00.
- Tighten the minute hand and slowly turn it to 1:45.
- Turn the minute hand slowly to the full hour.
- The cuckoo should now cuckoo at 2:00.
- Video: The clock hands are not working
- One of the weights jumped off of the wheel and it dropped down.
- The chains may be tangled.
- One of the weights may be stuck.
- There may be a problem with the clock work itself.
- There may be problems with the music work itself.
Käthe Wohlfahrt does not have a clock repair person on staff. However, we work directly with several repair stations throughout the country that specialize in the clocks we carry.
If your clock is less than 2 years old and is still under the manufacturer’s warranty, click on the links below for service stations within the United States that work on warranty repairs. Your clock must be serviced at a repair station for the specific manufacturer of your clock to be covered. If you’re unsure of the manufacturer, please contact our customer service team for help with determining where to bring your clock. Please keep any repair station shipping receipts for reimbursement from KWA. Please note that all shipments must be processed through USPS.
If your clock is more than two years old, you may use one of the recommended stations, or take it to any clock repair station in your area.
For areas outside of the United States, please contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Caring For Pewter On Beer Steins
Oxidized pewter has a darker finish than satin or polished pewter. It generally has an antique look to it. Polishing is not necessary or recommended. Simply wash with warm water and a mild dish detergent to keep your oxidized pewter looking its best.
- NEVER wash your pewter in the dishwasher, as the detergent and rough washing cycle will damage the finish.
- NEVER use abrasive cleaners on your pewter, as they will damage the finish.
- There are some pewter products available which may be effective for cleaning and polishing your pewter. Just make sure the product is specifically designed for pewter, not for silver.
- Pewter will not have the same shine as silver and silver-plated items (even polished pewter has a duller finish).
- Avoid using acidic liquids (such as citrus), as the acid in the food may damage the pewter.
- For a quick cleaning of your pewter items, try using cabbage leaves. Simply remove the leaves from the cabbage and rub over the pewter, as you would with a polishing cloth. This old-time method is said to leave the pewter looking absolutely great.
Looking for parts for your Pyramid, Schwibbogen, or Incense Smoker?
Look through our Parts Brochure to help find what you need. Shop All Parts Here